Mosey on down to Amarillo—home to ranches, desert, the great Texas plains and new adventures you’re sure to enjoy. Now is the time to begin planning your retirement. Like many things in life, retirement sneaks up on you, so it’s better to plan now and prepare for your future.
You’ll want to consider your financial, health, and social needs, as they all impact your happiness and well-being. At The Craig Senior Living, we cover all the bases. With spacious independent living homes and apartments, higher levels of care if and when you need them, and an active social calendar, we’re the perfect place to call home.
Is Amarillo a good place to retire?
Consider the culture of Amarillo, Texas. It’s a horseback riding through the canyon, visiting Cadillac Ranch, and taking that historic trip down Route 66 kind of place. Here, you can appreciate culture, history and nature. There’s plenty to do in this town and many reasons why seniors call it home:
- Pull on your boots and get that perfect shot at Palo Duro Canyon State Park to share on social media.
- If arts and entertainment are what you’re looking for, Amarillo is home to the Amarillo Symphony, Lone Star Ballet, the Amarillo Opera, and much more.
- According to payscale.com, the cost of living in Amarillo is 14% below the national average, which is great news when you’re stretching your retirement dollar.
- The climate is always pleasing with a constant breeze, low humidity, four seasons, and over 270 days of sunshine per year.
- Located just a day trip away from Dallas, Lubbock, and Oklahoma City, Amarillo is the perfect place to make memories and enjoy retirement.
The Craig offers the retirement lifestyle you deserve.
Would you like to live where there are wide open spaces, great times, exercise, amenities, and the care you need?
The Craig focuses on improving the lives of seniors. Our innovative approaches and top-of-the-line amenities are just a few of the reasons why seniors like you are choosing our beautiful community. Our number one priority is our residents. You’ll be receiving not only the best care, but the best care that’s tailored just for you.
We’re located on 40 acres in the northwest area of Amarillo. Our sprawling campus awaits, where you have access to:
- Paid utilities
- Tasty meal services
- Priority access to other levels of care
- Weekly housekeeping for canyon homes
- Bi-weekly housekeeping for apartments
- Pastoral care
- Social services
- Wellness center
- On-site full-service bank
- Beauty salon/barbershop
- Planned recreational activities
- 24-hour security/emergency call system
- Scheduled local transportation to and from doctors’ appointments
- Scheduled shopping trips
- Interior and exterior maintenance
Come see how amazing senior living can be with us.
Start living your best life in a stunning location where you’ll appreciate the natural beauty, fun and family-like atmosphere, and expert care, tailored just for you.
Ready to see for yourself?
Come visit us in person. We’d be proud to show you around our beautiful community and help you start planning for your future today. Contact us and we’ll set up an exclusive tour just for you!